Monday, June 8, 2009

Quilty Goodness

So.. I finished sewing all the rows for my very first quilt. I still need to press them all and sew them together, so please excuse the uneven and wrinkly looking photo. I promise to take a better pic when it is all finished.


One problem... it's WAY more pink that I pictured in my head. I mean... REALLY pink. For some reason I thought the yellow and purple/blue would play a larger role, lol.




I'm not a pink kind of girl to begin with. I chose these fabrics because:

1.) They are 30's repro Aunt Grace prints, and I LOVE that entire line... and these were the last available.

2.) They were on sale (and I didn't want to go all out for my FIRST quilt.)



The binding will be in the purple/blue.. as well as most of the backing. I love the bunny's on the yellow.. and I love the process so far. Next time, I will select my fabrics a little more carefully.. (Amy Butler, here I come!)




xoxo,

Whimsical Road

1 comment:

  1. Hi- can't wait to see it when it's done:)
    I stopped by to let you know that I chose your blog for a lovely blog award.Come and read about it on my blog if you'd like.
    andrea

    ReplyDelete