Tuesday, April 28, 2009

New coffee cozy in Robert Kaufman Sweet Tooth cupcake fabric. These are pretty adjustable due to the elastic and button, and even fit cold plastic cups.

I also made several two-pocket wallets (pattern from Bend The Rules Sewing). Shown below in the sushi fabric and a blue and brown floral... but I also made several using the cupcake fabric.

I also finally caved in and bought a snap setting tool, and believe me... it's SO much better than the hammer setting method. I cracked so many of the pearl snaps that way, ruining the whole wallet. With the new tool, I haven't cracked a single one. The brand I bought was the Dritz Snap-A-Plier from Joann Fabrics.... make sure you get the correct tool for the size snaps you wish to use.

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Sushi Wristlet (love, love, love how this came out):
The interior is a lime green with white dots.
Skully Wristlet:

Interior lining of Skully Wristlet... with a pirate theme!

Close up of the pirate fabric...ARRG!

Blue and black, the iso on this photo is off.. the fabric is not quite this bright.

Interior lining... light blue with tiny black dots.

Sunday, April 5, 2009

New Japanese Knot wristlet in brown, teal, and white. I like these little bags so much, they are great for running to the store... the bag stays securely on my wrist and I don't have to worry about a lugging a big purse or losing a little wallet.

A new purse, in spring blues and greens. I added a pin-back fabric flower, which is a little hard to see in this picture, but it's on the left corner...

And I made a crafty little pin cushion for myself. I was tired of loose pins and my old pin cushion was much too small. This one is made from a little garlic jar, stuffed with fabric scraps, and a piece of ric rac.. super simple.

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Finished Cherry Wristlet. Made from a Simplicity pattern, which was painfully hard to follow.

Interior, added a label...

And it's reversible! This is a bad shot of the fabric, but it turned out pretty cute with the red and tiny white polka dots.

Another version, this one is smaller and has a rounded bottom, and also reversible. I used the Simplicity pattern, combined with a pattern I found on Martha Stewart, and ta-da... this is what I ended up with!