Sunday, August 5, 2012

Baked Eggs Recipe



 So, this morning I was hungry. It was seriously early, and I had no business cooking or taking pictures for the blog.. but I decided to share this anyway because oh em gee, they turned out nice. The whites were so creamy and delicious. The best part? No greasy pans to clean or stove to wipe down, which makes this my new favorite breakfast.

 Ingredients:

 *Eggs (any size will do, the number depends on the size baking dish you decide to use.)
 *Half and Half (You could also use whole milk or cream.)
 *Salt and Pepper
 *Optional: Fresh Herbs or Garlic

 Directions:

  Choose a baking dish to accommodate the number of servings you require. Small ramekins would work nicely for a single egg. I used a small rectangular Pyrex.. but you could do a meatloaf pan, gratin dish, etc.

  *Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  *Grease your pan (I suggest using real butter, but oil or spray will do as well).
  *Pour just enough half and half to cover the bottom of your baking dish.
  *Carefully crack your eggs into the dish. (see pic)
  *Add salt and pepper to taste.
  *Carefully place dish into the oven.
  *Bake for about 10 minutes, or until whites are completely set and the yolk is at your own desired doneness. (ya, I said doneness). I like my yolks on the brink of hard boiled, so I left them in close to 13 minutes.


When they are done, cut between each egg and serve with some yummy crusty bread or english muffins. I sprinkled some Romano cheese on mine, because cheese is my personal drug of choice. You could also make a sammich to go, with a slice of tomato or onion... so much cheaper and better for you than a drive-thru.

 

Unlike fried eggs, these are light and smooth and not greasy. The half and half adds richness and a bit of fat without heaviness.
Yummmmy.




****************

xoxo, Whimsical Road


No comments:

Post a Comment